Humans are better people when they love what they do.
Next year I am running three courses:
- Sales Mastery for Millennials
- Sales Mastery Helping Technical Experts become Business Development Champions
- Sales Mastery for Sales Leaders
All of these programs are based on the above model and you can read about again here:
- Awareness – Of yourself, your team and the company you work for.
- Mindset – Plenty of resilience, an appreciation of empathy and the ability to motivate oneself and others to act.
- Potential – Keeping one’s eye on the prize; the ability to listen, learn and not being afraid to test new ways of doing things.
- Skills – Too many to cover here but curiosity, communication and time management are just but a few.
- Knowledge – Within the company and the opportunities/challenges that the market provides.
- Direction – Reasonable, realistic and robust plans for people and the greater organisation.
These programs are a culmination of my experience, passion and sense of responsibility to show sales people/managers a pathway to a personally fulfilling and financially rewarding career.
Henry Ford famously said “Nothing happens if no one sells anything”; the highest paid people in the world are sales people and something like 60% of CEOs come from a sales background – something is going on here and it is about time we did something about it.
Additionally, more than half of the roles advertised on job sites are “sales” jobs and another recent survey showed that less than 40% of businesses thought that universities were preparing students well for the workforce, hello…… someone should really tell them…..
Profit is not a dirty word, nor should it be – it feeds, houses and educates all of us. Businesses that consistently fill their sales pipeline and who ensure the alignment of production (lead times), constant cash flow and focused teams can achieve super profits – it is like nirvana.
Education getting in the way of Learning
….85% of your financial success comes from your personality and ability to communicate, negotiate and lead, shockingly only 15% is due to your technical knowledge.
The Carnegie Institute.
My son is in his last year of secondary school and we have spent a great deal of time looking at his options – there are literally hundreds of courses one can study at universities, private colleges and TAFE but not one in sales which I find extraordinary.
Many, many people have told me over the years how sales should have its own qualification but it is SO much more complex than that and most definitely something you are not going to “get” in 3 years from a series of outdated, overpriced text books nor subjects taught by lecturers with very little (if any) real world experience.
If at first you don’t succeed…
Knowledge gained from experience is far more worthwhile than any gained from a book.
The charm and challenge of being a human being is that we are all blessed with strengths and weaknesses – to develop and learn sales people have to fail, a lot, good ones do anyway because they treat these as learnings.
Sales Mastery © is a life time journey and requires sustained effort, focus and development (personal/professional). Each of these programs are delivered over 6 months using a variety of training methods including one on one and workshops. This is designed to ensure sustainable behaviour change and embed practices that will help your people become the very best they can be by prospecting efficiently, qualifying effectively and closing the deals your business wants / needs.
Feel free to contact me should you wish to learn more.