In today’s episode of Sales Stories Raw and Real we speak with my father, Dr Paddy Pidcock. Dad was a doctor in regional New South Wales town and I grew up with him saying to me;
“Everyone is a salesperson; even a doctor”.
We talk a lot about:
- Building rapport 25 times a day, 6-7 days a week, for more than 25 years.
- Listening for content, inflexion and body language to ensure a diagnosis that saves someone’s life.
- The power of intuition and the importance of keeping your mind open.
- Trust vs Terminology – avoiding the technical traps that you may fall into by using language that is easy for people to understand.
- Reading people – insights into human behaviours/reactions.
- Nature vs Nurture – personal and professional development through making the most of what cards you are dealt in life.
- Improving commercial acumen by learning from failures and experiences.