The choice is yours:
- Build positive RELATIONSHIPS with your team, two reasons for this:
- Your staff perform better when they feel trusted and valued.
- The main reason (60 – 70%) people leave the company they work for is the relationship with their line manager, good people are hard to find and it costs a fortune to replace them
- Give them clear DIRECTION – have a purpose, business plan and sales plan, show them how it all fits together.
- Get out from behind your desk and UNDERSTAND what they are facing – get in the field, see how they operate, find out their challenges and work with them to devise solutions to make their world easier.
- INVEST in your people – there are significant gains to be made by showing that you are willing to develop your team; As Richard Branson says “Train people so they can leave, lead them so they don’t want to”.
- Get rid of your NON-PERFORMERS. You know who they are, and you know what you have to do. Whilst no one likes dismissing people, if you don’t everyone loses – you lose credibility, they lose self-esteem and the company loses the respect of your customers
All the best for success in 2018.